Order a CD:
In collaboration with renowned scripture scholar Fr. Francis Martin, Janis has produced “commuter rosary” CDs to help parishioners incorporate prayer into their busy lives. The songs, meditations and prayers free the mind from distractions and lead the heart into communion with Jesus for deep inner peace.
This Traditional Rosary CD Set is uniquely:
- Created to help people grow in intimacy with Jesus, the Word of God, in the hustle and bustle of daily life.
- Permeated with the Word of God through chants, meditations and scripture quotes.
- Accompanied by scriptural chants and quotes that go over and over in one’s mind to help commit the Word to memory and penetrate the mind and heart with the Word for peace and healing.
- Created with scriptural meditations that:
- are simple to understand
- are rooted in excellent scholarship
- offer a unique approach to scripture study that invites people to accompany Mary into the mystery as a participant in the event and not a bystander or indifferent observer.
- Complementary to the Scriptural Rosary Hour offered to parishes through Word for Life Rosary Mission.
The Miracle Mysteries Rosary CD contains:
The prayers of the Rosary which are themselves scriptural.
- A dramatic narration of each mystery, interspersed throughout the decades with bible verses before each Hail Mary.
- Beautiful bible chants with four part harmony composed by Janis (after each decade) that correspond to each miracle mystery.
- Background music comprising compositions by Janis Clarke.
- Songs composed by Janis to help listeners enter more deeply into prayer and the presence of Christ. These include Pie Jesu (choral version), I Believe, StTtOP, Angels Around the Throne, Beautiful Jesus and Pie Jesu (solo version), as well as the popular Marian hymn, “Immaculate Mary”.
- An invitation to enter with Mary, into the miracle mysteries in the life of Jesus, and grow in faith as He invites his followers to do whatever he tells us, put out into the deep, step out on the sea, rise from the dead, and believe!
The Miracle Mysteries Rosary CD, although created for youth, appeals to men and women of all ages. Fr. Peter Ryan, SJ, captures the imagination with his bible narrations, and draws young people right into the mysteries in the life of Jesus for a personal encounter with him. Janis Clarke’s four part harmony bible chants instill deep peace as they carry the Word of God into the inner recesses of mind and heart, cleansing, purifying and refreshing the spirit. Her songs, some serious and some playful, sum up the central teaching of the Rosary (the school of Mary), that Jesus is Lord!
- I have played the Miracle Mysteries Rosary CD often and the chants run through my mind and heart as I pray and listen to God’s Word. I am looking forward to giving these as confirmation gifts. I especially like the way Fr. Peter Ryan reads the bible passages, beautifully interspersed among the prayers. I love the lyrics and melodies of the songs at the end of the CD, which lift my soul to heaven. I love to sing along! Great harmony! This is so child-centered in its approach. Well done!
The earliest form of the Rosary dates back to the Middle Ages, and was a prayer of the laity (150 Our Fathers) in imitation of monks praying their daily Psalter (150 psalms). Over time it evolved into its present day form (Creed, Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory Be, O My Jesus, scripture quotes and closing prayers), with the Dominican Order adding the use of meditations on the mysteries in the life of Jesus and Mary in the 15th century. In his Apostolic Letter on the Rosary, John Paul II added the Luminous mysteries and presented a whole new depth of vision for praying and spreading devotion to the Rosary.
The Joyful Mysteries Rosary CD
The Luminous Mysteries Rosary CD
The Sorrowful Mysteries Rosary CD
The Glorious Mysteries Rosary CD
Your music is just beautiful and so inspirational. I feel like I’m in heaven when I listen to it. Thank you for sharing your beautiful voice. – Beverly Hills, Michigan
Wanted to thank you, you have been an answer to my prayers. I asked the Lord, “How should I pray?” Then you show up at church with Cds to pray the rosary – Jersey City, New Jersey
Listening to the Rosary CDs not only drove negative thoughts from my mind, but also helped me develop a reverence for Mary that I never had, nor understood, before. I have become a much calmer person, so much so that my physician commented on it. – Florida, USA
As you suggested, I have been listening to your CD on my way to work. I must say that while listening to your CD, it is much easier to deal with stress. It is really difficult, if not impossible, to become upset with another driver while saying the rosary! – Maryland, USA
I listen and pray along w/the Rosary CDs at home and while driving…especially on long road trips. Your inspirational songs together with the beautiful reflections on the mysteries of the Rosary have a very calming effect. In times of extreme stress and anxiety, I listen to your Rosary CDs in search of peace of mind and am never disappointed. – Pennsylvania, USA
I find it an amazing way of placing myself before the Lord and of making time for Him that is otherwise lost; a time of getting closer to both Him and to other pray-ers. I would like to complete the set and get two other CD sets as well to give as Christmas presents. I have a good friend who is very drawn towards Catholicism and I think that the Rosary CD’s would be a means of letting her pray the Rosary without fear. – Montreal, Quebec
I have enjoyed your beautiful Joyful Mysteries CD so much! Many times, my two youngest children went to bed listening to it when they were babies. It was so soothing for both of them and a life saver for me! The CD is scratched now and I definitely need a new copy. So, I would like a set of the Rosary CD’s. I was happy to hear that you now have completed all the mysteries of the Rosary. – Maryland, USA
I have to tell you I have listened to the cd every morning on my way to work since I received it. I want to thank you so very much for your beautiful voice. You are making my Lent journey so enjoyable! –Minnesota, USA
First of all, I want you to know how much I absolutely love your CDs, and you were right, the sorrowful mysteries rosary is my favorite. It really helped me connect to Jesus, especially because of my suffering this year. I listen to it when I am in the car, taking a nap, cleaning my house, etc. I can’t tell you how moving it was to talk to you. You really touched my heart. I can’t thank you enough for your incredible ministry, and I hope that this letter encourages you, and helps you realize how much your ministry is touching people’s lives. – Florida, USA
Last Christmas my sister-in-law gave me the Luminous Mysteries Rosary CD as a present when we were in Montreal. From then on, I’ve religiously played the CD every Thursday. It gives me inner peace while I’m listening to it. – Ontario, Canada
I would also like to tell you how greatly your beautiful voice and Rosary CDs have affected my life. Please let me know if you have more music available. – Maryland, USA
I have travelled quite a bit on business over the last 6 months. I keep one of the CDs in the suitcase so I can always play it in the rental car when I get where I’m going. I remain grateful for the work you and Father Francis have done. –Virginia, USA
My daughter loves to hear you sing! And when we get into the car she often asks for the “Janis music.” We very much enjoy your Rosary CDs. My husband commutes about 1 hour to work each way every day and he enjoys listening to them too. – Colorado, USA
Sitting in my prayer room I allow the exquisite music and meditations to minister to my spirit. The short verses of Scripture sung by Janis penetrate my soul and I sing them all the day long. – Carol Putzig, Canton, MI